Registration of service personnel for the 2017/2018 service year has been postponed from Monday 17thJuly 2017 to Monday, July 24 July 2017.
A statement from the secretariat on Thursday said the postponement was to afford the stakeholders ample time to prepare for the process.
“All prospective national service personnel and the general public are to note that the new period of registration would be from Monday, 24th July, 2017 to Thursday, 24th August, 2017 at all the NSS registration centres across the country,” the statement said.
“The requirements for the registration, however, remain the same. These include provision of students’ Identity card, in addition to any one of the national Identity cards – i.e. valid Voter I.D., passport or drivers’ license. All must note that National Health Insurance cards would NOT be accepted,” it added.
The National Service Secretariat announced the deployment of 91,871 personnel to serve their 1-year mandatory service last week.
According to the acting Executive Director of the scheme, about 76,908 (85%) of the service personnel deployed would service in the public sector while the remaining 14,963 (15%) have been posted to the private sector.
He said about 2,170 of the personnel had been deployed to serve in various agric-related positions as part of President’s Akufo-Addo’s ‘Planting for food and jobs’ program.